My closet is bursting. I can’t figure out a logical way to be neat other than stripping away its contents. Last night, I had an epiphany (if you can even call it that) – I can live on 100 pieces of clothing. That’d make things a lot neater and I like tidiness. Will I be happy with less? What will make up the 100?
I came up with a preliminary list:
- 20 pairs of underpants
- 8 bras
- 2 pairs of non-jeans trousers
- 3 pairs of jeans
- 2 swimsuits
- 3 pairs of pyjamas
- 2 tank tops
- 5 t-shirts (not including work-issued ones)
- 5 pairs of shorts (city shorts, bermudas, workout shorts etc)
- 15 tops (blouses, sleeveless tops, etc)
- 25 dresses (work, casual, formal)
- 5 skirts
- 5 outerwear (cardigan, jackets, coats)
Did I get the tally right? That’s 100 items of clothing right?
Ok so the thing here is, I won’t be wearing the same things all the time. If I buy something new, I must have the discipline to get rid of something else to maintain world order. That sounds reasonable right? Maybe that should be my 2011 New Year’s resolution (seeing that I’m hardly keeping to my 2010 one… I’m not sure).