About 1 month ago, I set myself 35 goals to achieve before I turn 35 in about 2 years – my 35 before 35. And Number 18 on that list is “Go on holiday with only a handbag and no luggage.” Together with my Couponing addiction of late, I’ve decided that there is an opportunity to now combine both.
Last week I bought a coupon off StreetDeal.sg for a 4day-3night holiday to Bangkok, Thailand (even with the additional fine print nonsense like taxes, it came up to only about S$300 inclusive of hotel & flights). The minimum to travel was 2pax and I bought 1 more for Big Nat. We haven’t locked down the dates yet but it’s valid for travel till 30 April 2012.
Just for fun, I tried packing stuff into the black MNG handbag I carry to work everyday. And I think I can do this! I managed to pack everything into 4 small pouches that’d fit into my handbag – a little snug but not in danger of splitting.
The red Eagle Creek Half Cube contains:
- 1 H&M dress
- 1 Gap Favourite Cami (for bed)
- 1 pair of black shorts (for bed)
- 1 t-shirt
- 1 pair of 3/4 leggings
- 1 frilly TOPSHOP tank top
- 5 pairs of panties
- 1 pair of ankle socks
- 1 M&S tankini set
The maroon Eagle Creek Quarter Cube contains:
- 1 All-in-One Universal Power Adapter
- 1 iPhone wall-unit charger
- 1 Joby GorillaPod (for point and shoot cameras)
- 1 set of sample travel-sized Biotherm toiletries – facial wash, toner, moisturiser
- 1 pack of Biore Cleansing Oil-In Cotton Wipes (7 out of 10 sheets left) make-up remover
- 4 Colgate Wisp mini-brush Spearmint sets (travel toothbrush with toothpaste)
The metallic blue pouch is my purse and it holds money, credit cards, my passport and a pen!
The black Paperchase pouch with skull prints holds my everyday make-up.
- 1 Paul & Joe lipstick (no. 17)
- 1 MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder (NC 25)
- 1 Lancome ARTLINER eyeliner (Noir)
- 1 Paul & Joe face colour (no. 12)
- 1 BENEFIT Lemon-Aid
- 1 CANMAKE eyebrow pencil
How? Not bad right? Hahaha! I just need to make sure I’m wearing most of the other stuff – jeans, cardigan, shades/spectacles. And then with my iPhone 4, I’m ready to travel!