This has been a year of many many ups and a few downs. As always I count my blessings and I am grateful for an exciting career in an organisation that challenges me, the opportunities I’ve been given to dabble in 100000 things as well as the many many friends I can trust.
One of my goals for 2011 was to muster up enough strength and stamina to run 5km non-stop without fainting and halfway through tracking my progress, I realised I didn’t even have to prove anything to anyone – I was already motivated enough to do it! I now exercise regularly and if I am feeling sluggish I give myself a break. I’m glad I stuck with it even though when I started, it was PAINFUL! So yes, I pat myself on the back and I’ve been good! HAHA!
The good stuff of 2011:
- 3 holidays – England in January, Bandung in July and Taiwan in December.
- Improved fitness level – I can easily complete 5km on the treadmill, and then some.
- Money – I’ve enjoyed a good income and a steady stream of excesses (work bonuses, small side projects, blog endorsements etc.)
- Douche bags – I’ve met so many terrible men and went out on so many bad dates, I can write a book about the perils of dating in Singapore.
- Overspending – despite the extra income, I’ve fallen short on my savings target by about S$5, 000. Too much online shopping. Excessive indulgences. Not enough discipline.
- I lost my beloved spectacles! The big, chunky, brown ones 😦
As I write this, I can barely remember any other bad stuff that has happened. I can’t complain. There’s no finer time to be alive.
On another note, I want to thank everyone for the many gifts this Christmas! It started with a couple here and there before my holiday, then when I got into work on Boxing Day, I found an entire army of presents having a party whilst I’ve been away! How awesome are my mates?
2012, bring it on! Ancient Mayans, hope you’re wrong!