Google Lisa Marie Lip and chances are, you’ll get links on how to do your make-up to look like Elvis Presley’s daughter. So I’m gonna cut to the chase and tell you that NO, this is not a how-to post, it’s not a tutorial on how to get your lips into that sexy pout so famous of MJ’s ex. Here are 3 things you need to know about today’s NOT YOUR AVERAGE WOMAN feature – Lisa Marie Lip:
1. She was born in Petaling Jaya in Malaysia; has lived in San Francisco, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Dublin; and now made Singapore her home.
2. She rides a cool bicycle to work (in the city centre no less).
3. She is a Senior Programmes Manager at The Arts House at The Old Parliament.
Other than that, Lisa says she always loved looking good but growing up curvy in Asia gave her few choices. It wasn’t until she went to college in the US that she discovered the wide array of stylish options that she started taking it more seriously. These days, she reckons she spends about S$300 monthly on clothes, shoes, and bags.
And now for her style philosophy:
1. What is your dress/shoe size? It is anywhere from a UK 14 to 18. Shoe size is UK 7.
2. Describe Your Style Eclectic and colourful. Sometimes it’s almost like the print and colour fairies threw up on me I’ll wear just about any colour except grey and beige.
3. What do you normally wear to work or a work event/meeting? Almost always a dress and heels.
4. Where and how do you shop? In Singapore it’s where the UK brands like Dorothy P, M & S or New Look are. How do I shop? Hmmm usually alone if I want to do some serious retail therapy. I know what I like so it doesn’t take me too long to suss out how much time I want to spend in a shop. It can be 30 seconds or 30 minutes and if I’m with someone I’ll have to wait on them or I’ll feel bad if they have to wait a long time for me.
5. What are your favourite things to buy? Dresses, skirts, blouses, necklaces, earrings, rings, brooches, hats, belts, shoes, shoes, shoes
6. What are your favourite brands or shops? I love vintage clothing and not the kind that they sell at $200 in Singapore. There’s nothing I love more than a good hunt through charity shops to find an amazing dress for $20. Usually this only happens when I’m in Australia, US or UK.
7. How do you dress on your blah-days? Probably a printed T from Uniqlo and a skirt. If we were in a cooler climate it would be jeans!
8. When you were 12, what did you imagine your life would be like at your current age? Somehow I never envisioned life beyond my 20s. I thought the sequence of things would be university degree, job, marriage and kids all before 30. How different things have turned out!
We had so much fun visiting Lisa Marie’s colourful and whimsical bachelorette pad! She is definitely not your everyday, run-of-the-mill average! This woman has gone places and is not afraid to live life as she pleases! I hope you are as inspired by her as we are!