I’m shopping for gifts to bring to the US next month when we visit T’s family. His mother and the extended family live in New York. His father and step-mother are in Arizona. His elder sister’s family is in California. Except for 1 of T’s uncles who has travelled to Singapore for work, I can safely say that the rest of the family only know Singapore is in the general vicinity of Asia so I can literally get anything. I’d love to get something really good though.
Forget tacky Merlion key chains or t-shirts with slogans like “Singapore is a FINE city”. I think those are my last resort.
My search for nice “Singapore” things to gift them has brought me to trawl the interwebs. I now have a short list of things that I might get. I haven’t decided if I want to and how I’m going to lug them over but I’m prepared to fill one entire suitcase with gifts. Here’s my list:
- Charles & Keith handbags (shoes are difficult because I don’t know sizes)
- TWG tea bags or kits
- Tiger Balm ointment and lotions
- +65 Indie Underground CD compilation released by UNIVERSAL MUSIC (I actually had a hand in this.)
- Khong Guan biscuits (don’t knock it! I love Marie biccys dunked in milk tea or Milo!)
- OSIM back or eye massager (anything bigger and I can’t carry it)
- RISIS gold-plated Orchid necklace (T’s mother loves to garden and by extension, flowers.)
- Uyii handmade bags (I ordered 3 purses with customized leather tags that they sadly don’t seem to carry anymore.)
- Gryphon tea (more tea?)
Are there any other things you can think of? What about kiddie things?
Please send me your recommendations. I still have more than a month to go, so I have got lots of time to shop.