Ahead of the holidays, MasterCard generously provided me with a prepaid S$250 card for spending at Lane Bryant! My task here is to share with you a special promotion by MasterCard in collaboration with BorderFree.
The best part of this is that my friends back in Singapore get to enjoy shopping with one of my favourite US Plus-Sized retailers and can enjoy a flat rate of S$26 standard shipping on orders of S$135 or more at Lane Bryant by entering the promo code MCSHOP at checkout, and paying with a MasterCard card. Besides Lane Bryant, Singapore’s shoppers can also look forward to online discounts at Inverted Edge and Skin Store – more details at: www1.mastercard.com.sg/borderfree.
If you’re skint like me and are not bothered about having the latest thing, check out their SALE section. So anyway S$135 is about USD108 (I used 1.25 as the exchange) and I already used part of my SGD$250 on the following items:
Striped Hardware Tank USD19.90
Control Top Capri Leggings by LANE BRYANT USD28.95
Argyle Chelsea Sweater by LANE BRYANT USD29.99
Fringed Ankle Boot by LANE BRYANT USD34.99
So thanks to MasterCard, I will have new togs for the holidays and new year!
That’s an entire outfit and yes, I intend to clash the stripes with the argyle! (Breaking “rules” is awesome, you should try it sometime!) These items are separate pieces which I know I can always mix and match with a lot of existing items in my closet. I love bright colours, I love prints, I love fun pieces and patterns. And you know, a good fit is PRICELESS, especially since I’m in-between sizes now. There are just so many things on the Lane Bryant site that I love love love and I know will work on my body type (= ball).
Undecided people who just don’t know where to start should try out the Lane Bryant JUST FOR YOU survey app where you tell them a bit about yourself (body shape, age, etc) and then rate a bunch of styles to help them determine what to recommend. Cool right? The site is so user-friendly and because of the wide range of styles/sizes, I actually feel “average sized” unlike when I am in brick & mortar stores in Singapore!
If you’re worried about quality or sizing or colour (especially since you might have been burnt by dodgy blogshops), there are product reviews written by real users to help you understand what you’re about to purchase. Start off small, maybe purchase one or 2 items first. Share the first shipment with a friend if you don’t hit the S$135, then perhaps after you’ve experienced the quality and service… shop shop shop till you drop!
At the same time, there is a 50% Black Friday offer (code: THANKSLB) on right now at Lane Bryant and is valid online through 11:59 pm PT on 1 December 2013.
Here are the steps to apply the promo codes:
- Change your country to Singapore [At the bottom of page, navigate to INFO > International Shipping]
- Apply THANKSLB code at checkout for 50% discount [At bottom left of page]
- Click “Start Checkout”
- Apply MCSHOP code [At bottom right of page]
- Process payment and your order is complete!
Wooohooo!!! Black Friday sales!!!
Can I also say that prepaid MasterCards are one of the best gifts you can be giving someone this holiday? As good as Ang Pows, maybe even better (because you know… online shopping!)
MasterCard – BorderFree Promotion:
- Starting now through 31 December, 2013, all MasterCard cardholders will get to benefit from special offers and promotions at top U.S. retailers, in a regional collaboration with Borderfree, with country-specific specials
- Full list of participating merchants can be found at: http://bit.ly/1ah54S5
- For purchases to Singapore from e-tailers, simply enter the promo code MCSHOP at checkout, and purchases will be eligible for:
- Lane Bryant: Flat rate of S$26 standard shipping on orders of S$135 or more
- Inverted Edge: 15% off all items
- Skin Store: Save $30 USD on skincare and beauty purchases of $130 USD or more
- Or Singapore, visit www1.mastercard.com.sg/borderfree for more details
Take this chance to treat yourself to that figure-flattering dress for the year-end party or pamper your skin with beauty brands not available in Singapore!