In the last few weeks, we’ve had 2 sets of friends who travelled 4 hours from Los Angeles, California to visit us. I love having guests in our house. Firstly because it’s too quiet here. Secondly because I get to see my Singaporean friends (and their families). And lastly, I get to go out and do different things with different people!
Noel and Stella came with their 3-year old Kate and Kate’s nainai (aka Noel’s mum) 3 weeks ago; Gill came last weekend with her husband Kevan, their 3-year old Conrad and their newest baby Allegra (who’s 2 months old). Despite the fact that they both had 3-year olds (who incidentally were born in the same year, just 3 days apart), I ended up doing quite different things and I loved it!
With the Yeos, we
- did the tour of the Las Vegas Strip (parts of it anyway), went sightseeing and went to the Fremont Street Experience (aka original Las Vegas)
- shopped at the 99c Store on Blue Diamond and the huge H&M at the Forum Shops (bought the cutest things for little Kate)
- had lunch at iloveburgers at The Palazzo, desserts at Max Brenner’s and dinner at Dona Maria Tamales Mexican Restaurant
- ate our way through the Bellagio Buffet (Thanks for the treat, Noel!)
With the Petersons, we
- had Chinese takeout from Jacky Chan Chinese Food
- went to the Grand Opening of the new Goodwill Store & Donation Center on Rainbow (a post for another day)
- ate at the Circus Circus buffet and also Island Malaysian Cuisine (yet another post I want to do)
- watched circus acts and played many many games at Circus Circus (I won the Unicorn from Despicable Me 2 and Kevan pulled out 3 Smurfs from the claw machines for his son)
- flew a giant pink flamingo kite (bought the day before at Goodwill) and went down slides (not me) at Exploration Peak Park
I love that some of my favourite people to hang out with don’t live too far away from me (even though they’ve been trying to get T and I to move to LA). And… Las Vegas isn’t all Sin City and party town vibes – it’s actually not too bad and can be quite family-friendly right? Also, we couldn’t have been able to afford all these extra bedrooms if we lived in super expensive California… So that’s another perk right, friends? Come visit!!