This is not my recipe but it’s definitely meatless! And hey, vegetarians love sweets too! I’m sharing this recipe because it’s delicious and this is what I served up for my first Vegas Christmas at home just about a month ago! T and I first made this together during our “mini-moon”. It was delicious and it was surprisingly easy to make.
The Banana Cream Pie recipe came from Lynn Cole’s Facebook post –> HERE and I’ve used a store-bought Graham Pie Crust for both times I made it.
Banana Cream Pie
1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
3 cups whole milk
1 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- If using graham crust, brush with egg white and bake at 350 for 6 minutes or until golden.
- In a large saucepan, heat the milk.
- In a glass bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt; gradually stir in the hot milk. stirring constantly, cook until thickened.
- In a small bowl, have the 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten, ready; stir a small amount of the hot mixture into beaten yolks; when thoroughly combined, stir yolks into hot mixture.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and blend in the butter and vanilla.
- Let sit 10 minutes.
- When ready to pour, slice bananas and scatter in pie shell; pour warm mixture over bananas.
- Let cool.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream and toasted coconut.
- Refrigerate 4 hours before serving.
I skipped the bit with the toasted coconut (because I don’t like coconut) but it still tastes great!